We are looking for a Payroll Assistant in our New York office to assist with payroll for our private network of product testers (external) and office staff (internal). We're looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Payroll Assistant. In this role you will be responsible for completing day-to-day payroll and administrative duties, while reporting to the Payroll Coordinator. Furthermore you will need to help with payroll and all the back-end work that goes along with each pay cycle. This position involves calculating and entering hourly and salaried payroll for weekly and semi-monthly payroll runs. A College diploma in Accounting or Payroll is required along with a minimum of 2 years experience in an accounting or payroll environment.
- Prepare and process Payroll for 516+ product testers external employees paid weekly
- Prepare and process Payroll for internal staff paid bi-weekly
- Review time-sheets, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system and HRIS.
- Assist with new 401(K) program setup and roll-out.
- Provide administrative support to US Payroll Managers
- Provide Finance with biweekly payroll reports
- Maintain accurate and detailed payroll records in accordance with company policies and government guidelines
- Develop and update training documentation
- General ledger reconciliations and payroll journal entries
- Generate reports as required Assist team in reviewing and developing internal policies and procedures
- Office tasks such as supplies order, mailing, filing, etc.
- Distributes pay statements (as required)
- Responds to employee and other third party inquiries referring exceptional inquiries to the appropriate Human Resources team member
- Files all payroll-related forms in employee files in a timely manner
- Prepares the monthly input schedules
- Participates in special projects as needed
- BA/BS with a minimum of 1 year of professional HR/Payroll experience
- Previous experience processing payroll and time-sheets preferred
- Working knowledge of integrated HRIS and Payroll Systems
- Working knowledge payroll processes and procedures and federal, state and local payroll legislation and regulations
- Strong experience with interacting and supporting large payroll base (500+ individuals) is desirable.
- Other software: Microsoft Access, Excel and Word experience an asset.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with orientation to towards detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume environment is a must
- Superior attention to detail.
- Competitive salary Benefits (health, dental and vision care)
- Summer Hours
- Life and AD&D
- Opportunity for growth and additional training for the right candidates
- Vacation time
- An incredible team comprised of motivated and talented individuals
To apply please send your resume and salary requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org
We appreciate your interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.